Queensland Academies Creative Industries is excited to announce the introduction of Dance as part of its multi-strand Arts faculty. Dance will be offered in 2017 and complements the existing Arts program that includes Design Technology, Film, Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts.
For Year 10 2017 applications will be invited from advanced dancers who are interested in developing artistry beyond their current studio experience to follow their passion for contemporary dance practice and design.
Studied through the IB Diploma Program, the Dance course focusses on composition, performance and analysis through a challenging and culturally engaging curriculum. As a higher level subject students will develop critical and motivated thinking skills within their artistic praxis to merge seamlessly to tertiary or professional pathways. Real-time experiential learning and industry mentorship opportunities will feature as ways through which students can develop as ideas-architects and entrepreneurs.
The future workforce is a place of great opportunity for those with enterprise, flexibility and adaptability. QACI graduates are reshaping traditional careers and disciplines; creating pathways, not following them. Innovating QACI’s unique IB Diploma Program to include Dance increases learning opportunities for highly capable students to achieve an internationally recognised qualification and aligns to QACI’s vision: to be the world class learning environment of choice for the aspirational creative generation.
Find out more about QACI’s IB Diploma Program via: https://qaci.eq.edu.au/dance
Join us for a global celebration at QACI’s Open Day on Saturday 23 July 2016 from 1.00-4.00pm. RSVP via: https://qa.eq.edu.au/apply/open-days/
Think Clever, Creative, Global. Think QACI!
Fast Facts about IB Dance at QACI
• Suited to dancers who are interested in developing their artistry beyond their current studio experience via their passion for contemporary dance practice and design
• Selective entry distinction program for advanced dancers with pre-requisite: Intermediate RAD or equivalent, and audition process including a solo performance and group workshop
• Studied at Higher Level IB Dance focusses on the composition, performance and analysis of dance through a challenging and culturally engaging curriculum
• Extends studio practice with a focus on contemporary practice and training in choreography
• Emphasis on artistic challenge to create new works and forms through collaboration with expert teachers and industry professionals
• Opportunities to combine other areas of creative praxis, for example: music, theatre
• Real-time experiential learning and access to mentorship opportunities
• Dancers as entrepreneurs – develop critical and creative strategies to design, produce and fund own work
• Provides a conduit for dance artists to merge seamlessly from senior high school to tertiary or professional pathways.