Melbourne audiences only have two weeks left to catch the breathtaking acrobatics of KOOZA by Cirque du Soleil, which is now playing under the Big Top at Flemington Racecourse. The acclaimed production must leave Melbourne on March 26, 2017.
Great seats are still available across the remaining two weeks. Tickets are available at www.cirquedusoleil.com/kooza or by phone on toll free 1800 036 685.
By the time KOOZA plays its final performance in Melbourne on Sunday March 26, the show will have achieved the following incredible statistics under the Big Top at Flemington Racecourse;
• 79 – number of performances of KOOZA in Melbourne
• 3950 – number of rotations completed by the two daring Wheel of Death performers
• 158 – number of hours in front of the mirror spent by the Trickster, applying his incredibly detailed make up
• 8000 – number of eggs cooked and eaten in the Artists’ Kitchen
• 86 – number of hours the High Wire artists have spent balancing up on the wire
• 633 – number of metres the Chair Stack artist has climbed. That’s the height of Mount Dandenong!
• 1580 – number of mid-air somersaults completed by the Teeterboard team
• 17 – number of cast and crew who have celebrated birthdays while in Melbourne
Representing 17 different countries, KOOZA’s cast and crew have absolutely loved their time in Melbourne. They have enjoyed the beautiful summer weather and many trips to the beach; they have backflipped on the Great Ocean Road; they performed on a tennis court for Novak Djokovic during the Australian Open; they have consumed many cups of Melbourne’s famous coffee and have immersed themselves in the city’s laneway and café culture; and they even met a few koalas and kangaroos!
Following the Melbourne season, KOOZA will travel with its 60 shipping containers across the Nullabor to open in Perth on April 13 2017.
Cirque du Soleil rediscovers its origins with the company’s eighth Big Top show to tour Australia. A return to the intimate and fundamental human elements of circus, KOOZA combines thrilling acrobatic performance with the art of clowning. The international cast of 50 acrobats, musicians, singers and actors present heart-stopping feats and laugh-out loud antics to a live soundtrack fusion of jazz, funk and Bollywood beats. With nods to vintage children’s storybooks, Mexico’s Day of the Dead, opulent Indian designs and Las Vegas showgirl glamour, KOOZA is a visual feast. We follow The Innocent as he takes a journey of self-discovery through a comic kingdom of eccentric characters, electrifying thrills and out-of-the-box surprises.
“For sheer spectacle, it has no equal… Uniting stellar production values with the finest acrobats from across the globe, the show will boggle and astonish just about anyone lucky enough to see it.”
The Sunday Age
“KOOZA is Cirque du Soleil at its best… a delightfully entertaining extravaganza.”
The Herald Sun
For more information, visit www.cirquedusoleil.com/kooza